Here is my 8th installment of my custom, kit-bashed nurgle-themed obliterators. I think this guy turned out very well. Pictures are a little grainy; not sure what happened, usually my camera on my BlackBerry (I know…) is usually better, these didn’t turn out so hot. Anyways, this guy is a little different than my others in that I’ve made him more Nurgly by adding guts and intestines coming out of his belly.
Front view. I used the upside-down chaos shoulder pad again as the codpiece. I also used the lascannon bit from the factory standard obliterator as a lascannon coming out of a daemonic paw on the left arm. The space marine plasma cannon on the right, along with an underslung assault cannon bit from the factory pewter obliterator on his right arm as well. Followed my standard build-out process of using an AoBR terminator and build up with a mountain of green stuff.
Front-quarter view. Can see the weapon detail better here, along with the arm/shoulder detail. I was going to put some horns coming out of the open sores on the left shoulder, but decided to leave it alone and maybe paint in some detail of running sores in the final version.
Left side view. Again used the plastic “possessed” arms as the basis of my obliterator arms, they are so useful. They look daemonic and also look as though they could be a power fist.
Back view. Made the legs and waistline armor bits a bit more decayed/rotted/nurgly than in the versions that came before.
Right side view. This time I went a little crazy with the detail on the shoulder pad – I tried to get a chaos symbol on an embossed circle on the shoulder. Think it turned out pretty well. I also made some more tentacly arms/fingers around the weapon, ala my “prototype” obliterator I made before.
Comments and feedback always welcome!