Well, got some more work done on my 3 Blight Drones. These are beautiful models (beautifully rotten, gross, and decayed that is – Papa Nurgle would be proud). The one thing to keep in mind is that even though they are gorgeous models, they’re a little tricky to assemble. Not the worst I’ve ever seen (I’m looking at you, pewter Tyranid Zoanthrope), but a little tricky. I’ll go into some of the gotchas below.
Wow, I’m in super-construct mode recently. I really should be painting, but I recently got a big Forgeworld order and I’m on a roll to get everything built so I can get it on the table. The slow, painful slog to paint it all comes later 🙂 These guys are destined to be used (if I can get them assembled in time) for an upcoming Apocalypse game (my first actually – targeting 6000 points).
Finally got this big girl painted! Took me a while to get to her after I finished the conversion in July with this post, but pretty happy with the results. I’d like to get some better pictures up here as well at some point. I like how the wings turned out especially. I am happy enough with them that I’ll use the same pattern on the wings for my gargoyles and my shrikes, when I finally get around to finishing those guys up. I got this guy done in record time, just finished the clear coat on him before a game session at my house. Turns out in her first time gracing the table, she snipered a venerable dreadnought. Nice shootin’ gal! (more…)
I’ve been meaning to kit-bash a Tyranid Harpy for some time, and I’ve finally gotten around to doing it. I’ve gotten the beasty assembled and primed, and wanted to share the photos I’ve taken of her. She’s a pretty interesting beast – I put her together from a couple of different sources, including a 3rd Edition Hive Tyrant (body), Lord of the Rings Balrog wings (plastic wings), heavy venom cannons kit-bashed from Tyranid Warrior Scything Talon arms with the Venom Cannons pinned to the ends (arms), (more…)