Nurgle Chaos Marine Rhinos – completed!

These Rhinos have been a long time in construction, magnetization, green-stuffing, painting, and gaming, and now they’re finally “done”. I’m glad to finally put them in the foam case, the way I always mentally check off a model when it’s done. These guys were actually a lot of fun to take from box to completed product, and I learned a lot along the way. Particularly, I spent a lot of time figuring out how to best magnetize each part so that they wouldn’t get in the way, specifically the Havoc launchers and how they would end up interacting with the…

Continue reading

Nurgle Raptors painting progress

I’ve been working on these Raptors for some time, and finally finished 2/3 of them (painted up). A lick of paint always makes them perform better on the battlefield I always say, so these guys are finally ready to deploy in full force for the ruinous powers. I’ve got about 4 more to paint plus a Nurgle Lord with jump pack, and those are currently on my painting bench. I had fun converting these – these were the first minis I made using Green Stuff Industry’s “Tentacle Maker” – I couldn’t be happier!

Continue reading

Nurgle Plaguereaper Super-Heavy tank – WIP

Hi all, as part of my January 2013 challenge, I decided it was time to finalize my Nurgle Plaguereaper super-heavy tank for 40k Apocalypse battles. I bought an assembled Baneblade tank on ebay for a song, and had it sitting around for some time, with the intent of “nurgling” it up at some point to be my plaguereaper tank. Well, with the rumors of impending release of an updated version of Apocalypse, I felt it was time to get this thing underway and make it look all properly Nurglified. I’ve started the process with adding some green stuff, some tubing…

Continue reading

Nurgle Obliterators Finished!

Phew! A journed that started many months ago (pretty much a full year ago, to be exact!), I started on the road of making custom, Nurgle-themed obliterators. Back then, in 5th Edition, making “Nurgle” obliterators was purely fluffy (as you couldn’t put Chaos Marks on oblits in that codex). Now that in 6th you can (WOOT!), the finishing of this project is all the more sweet. Now, the painting of these 9 custom obliterators is completed, and I thought it was time to post the final results, with side-by-sides of finished model and painted version.

Continue reading

Nurgle Land Raider #1 WIP

I love rescue missions. I just picked this one up as I am finished with my last batch of painting (obliterators – done! I Promise pictures soon…). This is a Land Raider that Marc picked up for me from Craigslist (he got one for himself too – it was a two-fer deal). It came already assembled – and rather poorly. Parts didn’t line up great, a little beat up, but the worst was – the “paint job”. I don’t have a picture handy, but I recall seeing on on Craigslist. It was bad. Like psychodelic disco clown bad. Yeah. Marc…

Continue reading